Effective Date: April 15, 2018
We are BlogAtom, Inc. (“BlogAtom”, “us”, “we” or “our”), a corporation registered under the laws of the province of Alberta in the Canada with our principal office address at Suite 195, 370, 5222-130th Ave. SE, Calgary, AB T2Z 0G4, Canada.
WHAT IS BLOGATOM
BlogAtom is a tool which allows Users to submit, find, organize and read externally hosted blogs (“External Websites”) and their posts. By External Websites, we mean any website, service or application that is presented via BlogAtom’s Services but is not owned or operated by BlogAtom.
THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE
We provide users (“you”, “your” or “User(s)”) with services, delivered via the BlogAtom website (“site”, “website”) (currently located at https://blogatom.com), future mobile applications and/or any other platform or media through which we make such services available from time to time, that allow you to read blogs that you are already interested in, as well as find new blogs that may be of interest to you, and receive recommendations of blogs from BlogAtom (collectively, the “Services”). All Users must have registered and created an account with BlogAtom and have a “BlogAtom Profile” in order to use our Services.
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF INFORMATION WE USE
- “Personal Information” is information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, and is not exclusively used in your BlogAtom account, such as your full name, address, e-mail address or phone number.
- “Non-Personal Information” is information that does not allow you to be identified or contacted, and is exclusively used inside of your BlogAtom Profile (for example, your account settings and preferences). Certain Non-Personal Information could be considered a part of your Personal Information if you use Personal Information in places where Non-Personal Information would normally be used, for example, using your email address as your unique Username.
- “Usage Data” is collected and aggregated by our servers automatically as you interact with the Services, which record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. Usage Data is a form of Non-Personal Information.
HOW BLOGATOM USES YOUR INFORMATION
Our primary goals in collecting information are to improve our Services, features and content, to administer your use of our Services, and to deliver content that may be of interest to you.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- When you create a BlogAtom Profile, we will collect your email address, gender, date of birth and specific or general location. When you personalize your BlogAtom Profile, we will also collect any information you provide, such as your full name, your photo and any optional information you decide to supply about yourself.
- We also collect from you some Non-Personal Information about your use of our Services. For example, when you click on the favorite button and add a blog post to your favorites list (star icon) you are explicitly sending information about your preferences for the website then displayed, which BlogAtom will use to store information on your interactions with posts and blogs.
- When you enter any information (including Personal Information) into any public postings or comments, we may collect this information as part of our Services.
- When you leave us feedback or write to us directly, we will collect any information that is contained in your feedback form, which will include your e-mail address and other information that you may submit to us for reference or reply.
- As mentioned, when you interact with the Services our servers automatically record Usage Data that your browser usually sends whenever you visit a website. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address, your mobile device identifier, the geographic location of the IP address you are using to access the Internet, browser type, operating system (including identifying whether you are connecting via a mobile device), the time of day of your access, your general physical location or your more specific location if you are connecting through your mobile device, and the website that you visited immediately prior to BlogAtom.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information in some cases in conjunction with your Non-Personal Information to display relevant blogs and blog posts which link to External Websites that we think you may be interested in. Usage Data is used to monitor and analyze use of the Services, to determine the composition of and engage our user base, to analyze usage patterns, to optimize your access to our Services, and to control the load on our servers so that we can serve you better. We may use your email address to inform you about changes to our Services, and, should you agree to receive such communications from us, send you newsletters or promotional emails about the Services.
EDITING YOUR INFORMATION OR SETTINGS
As a User you may choose to edit the Personal Information that is in your BlogAtom Profile so that different or less information is stored by us. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by editing your email preferences within the Account Preferences section of BlogAtom. We may, however, still send you administrative emails regarding the Services. You may email us here with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
All Users may review, update, or correct the Personal Information in their BlogAtom Profile by logging into their account and editing their account preferences and settings.
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use our feed and interact with our Services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
BlogAtom may share information via some or all of the following methods:
- Sharing via the BlogAtom Profile. The information provided in your BlogAtom Profile that you select to be publicly displayed via your account settings will be public information and any User will be able to view it. The information you submit to BlogAtom is gated cannot be “crawled” by third party search engines so that Personal Information in your BlogAtom Profile cannot be accessible through search engines in search results. When you enter any information (including Personal Information), into postings or comments via the Services, this information, will be available to BlogAtom as well as all Users of the Services. You may edit or delete information in your BlogAtom Profile at any time so that it is no longer accessible to other Users.
- Aggregate Usage Data and Non-Personal Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Personal Information and Usage Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, and other purposes relating to our Services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information. We do not share Personal Information with advertisers or any other third party.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services’ features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used and improving them. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these specific tasks on our behalf and are contractually obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We will access and disclose your Personal Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with relevant laws, to respond to valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order, to protect the property and rights of BlogAtom or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
DURATION OF DATA RETENTION
Unless there is a specific legal or regulatory requirement for us to keep information, we will retain it for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
STORAGE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
BlogAtom is located in Canada. Accordingly, Personal Information we collect may be transferred to and stored in our servers or those of third parties that act on our behalf (such as hosting providers) in Canada or other countries outside of the European Economic Area. By using the Services you agree to such collection, transfer and storage outside of the European Economic Area.
We take the security of the data we collect very seriously. However, you should be aware that while we take reasonable measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information, we are not able to fully eliminate all security risks or potential breaches.
POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to create a BlogAtom Profile or to use the Services. We do not knowingly gather Personal Information about Users who are under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files. If a child between the ages of 13 and 18 wishes to erase or delete any information that he or she has shared via the Services, please contact us here and we will promptly comply.
POLICIES FOR EXTERNAL WEBSITES, SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS